Problems I Had Whilst Mapping

The only real problems I had when creating my maps was changing my UVs which then didn't match my texture maps. To begin with I had all my small details on separate maps but I later decided to combine them all onto one map to make things easier. But I must not have saved this change in my Maya file so when I tried to apply my texture map it didn't work. I had to resize and move my UVs to fit over the textures. This was just a silly mistake I made by not being careful and although it took a while to fix it wasn't too much of a problem.

A big problem I had at this late stage was discovering a lot of hidden faces and problems within the swirly bits on top of my door. I noticed a lot of strange things happening on the UV map and once I investigated inside the model I kept finding big problems. I think it was created by the way I extruded along the curve I had made. After spending a while trying to fix it I decided to just get rid of them at this stage. Maybe this was a bit of a cop out on reflection but I just think it would have taken so long to fix the mess and I would have rather spent that time making the textures for the door look as good as I could.

My only other problem was getting my head around which maps were which and what they all did.